Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Next Project

I have two more posts before I am done with Isaiah. I know this has not been the most comprehensive study of Isaiah. The fact that I will have read Isaiah and tried to understand some of it is a major accomplishment in and of itself.

Obviously, I've been slacking quite a bit with my studies of Isaiah. I should have been done months ago. But I am determined to finish this before I move on. It took me about 10 years to finish my commentary on the Book of Mormon, so me taking so long to finish Isaiah really isn't a suprise for me.

My next little scripture study project will be the New Testament. One of the last classes I took at BYU was Religion 211 and I absolutly loved it. I still have the notes from the class. I plan on using a lot of those to study the NT. I also want to read Jesus the Christ while studying the Gospels. The last time I read Jesus the Christ was in my 2nd area on my mission in October 1995 (that took quite a while to finish too). Hopefully I will be much more diligent with my NT studies than I have been with Isaiah.

No comments: